Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Using The Website Roots Ireland To Search For Patrick Cragun

With my using my 43 different spellings of Cragun form I was tediously but fairly quickly able to search this website, as I do others, for variations of the name Cragun. Most of the time I search using the first initial and the last name. I entered C for Caleb and the spellings, using 1750 as a target date. Patrick was supposedly born in 1740, so I used a year within 10. The spelling Creagh is interesting, I also had a positive response when using that spelling.

On 10 of those versions they say they have records for those spellings. You get 10 free page results then have to pay.

I used 1 of those pages and the photo below is the result for C Cregon. Note the results came up Creagh,. This is helpful. It names counties I have searched: Limerick and Cork. Other research suggested I look in Limerick.

Being cheap, I didn't buy credits to view the documents. I am more likely to spend money when I have an idea these are relevant. 

In the meantime, they are clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment